SSL Connection Ports to i-series

Tagged: 

This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 2 months ago by Frank.

• Author
       Ian
      Participant
      • Topics Started - 1
      • Replies Written - 0

Hi we are currently migrating our BI database from an SQL server onto an i-series platform outside our firewall however are getting connection errors when we try to fire up Stratum Planner. Does anyone know what specific SSL ports are required to be open for the application to work from a windows server to a database on an i-series?

Frank
      Keymaster
      • Topics Started - 70
      • Replies Written - 52

Can you tell me a little more about the environment? It sounds like you guys are running on an on premise Windows server today and moving to an off premise server. I’m assuming you would still be using SQL/Server as a data base or do are you moving to DB2 on the IBMi? Not sure how you would make that move?? Obviously I’m confused!

I’d also be concerned about the performance of Planner over the web, it’s a client server style solution and it may not perform as desired. Stratum Viewer is a better answer in this case, and it supports an SSL web site.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

or    

Forgot your details?