Recent and Favorites – something new

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Frank 3 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
     Frank 
    Keymaster
    • Topics Started - 64
    • Replies Written - 52

Recent and Favorite views and being able to find them easily. We are looking at adding this functionality to Stratum and I thought I’d see if anyone has any thoughts or comments.

Adding Recent and Favorite views that are easily accessible is a way to allow users to further manage their most used views both actively and automatically. In the case of a Favorite view users will be able to tag any view they have access to as a favorite. This will automatically place it in a list of favorites. Additionally any view a user goes into will be added to a list of most recently used views. Both lists (Favorites and Recents) are available via a single tap or click in the left hand menu. Additionally (and optionally) when a user first goes into Stratum a window showing their Recents and Favorites will display so they have immediate access to these views.

I’ve had the opportunity to show our initial pass at this to a few customers and so far the feedback has been good.

Frank 
    Keymaster
    • Topics Started - 64
    • Replies Written - 52

Recent and Favs is now available in Stratum 6.7. Screen shot below. So far I’m pretty happy with it – easy to add to Favs and Recents is updated automatically, giving me access to the views I routinely use very quickly.

The Recent and Favs window

Frank 
    Keymaster
    • Topics Started - 64
    • Replies Written - 52

FYI – we are getting good feedback on Favs and Recents. As I’ve played with it I found you can move stuff from Recents to Favs and you can give the a view a different name in the either of the lists. We’ll also be adding the ability to Edit a view directly from this window (suggested by one of the early adopters).

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

or    

Forgot your details?