November 9, 2016 at 4:28 pm #324Keith HughesParticipant
- Topics Started - 2
- Replies Written - 1
I am attempting to implement the change Set process. This is on a Windows server running v6.4 of Stratum and connecting to SQL Server 2008 via Microsoft OLE DB Provider. I am calling the CHGSET.EXE command, but to not know what format the connection string switch (/CO) requires.
Also, what value should be put for the /DS switch? Is that the Stratum category (e.g. AS) or the SQL database name?
November 10, 2016 at 9:22 am #327PatKeymaster
- Topics Started - 2
- Replies Written - 3
Here’s some info. that should help. If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out to our SUPPORT team at email@example.com
The CHGSET.EXE is an older program that does not have updated options and switches. The optimized and recommended program to use for running a change set is GIACSDRV.EXE.
The required switches to be updated for GIACSDRV.EVE are:
1. /CSI – This switch selects the Change Set Id name that was created with the dimension and values to be searched and replaced.
2. /DS – This switch selects the Data Source to be update with the changes specified in Change Set ID. (i.e. /DS=DSAS).
All other switches will use the defaults.
The optional switches to consider to update for GIACSDRV.EVE are:
1. /CSD – This switch determines what Data Type or category attached to the Data Source will be process.
• If there is only one category attached to the data source, then you do need to include this switch.
• But if there are multiple categories attached to the specific data source, and you only want a specific category to be updated, then include switch with the specific category to be process – i.e. /CSD=AS.
2. /CSY– This switch determines what years will be processed.
• The default is 0 to process all years.
• If you want a specific year, then include switch with specific year to be process – i.e. /CSI=2016.
3. /OLAP – This switch determines the OLAP tables for Stratum.Viewer to be maintained.
• The default is 1 to maintain the OLAP tables. We recommend leaving this option as is with or without Stratum.Viewer app.
• Therefore, this switch does not need to be included, unless you do not want OLAP tables maintained – i.e. /OLAP=0.
4. /PL – This switch allows the previous level data for the dimension specified to be process also.
• The default is 1 to process previous level. If you do not have previous levels do not include this switch.
• If you have previous levels, but do not want previous levels to updated, then include switch to not process previous levels – i.e. /PL=0
5. /RT – This switch is the processing type using either Reverse Transaction or Inplace.
• The default is Reverse Transaction.
• If want to process type as Inplace, then include switch to process with Inplace – i.e. /RT=0.
All other switches such as /CO will use the default as indicated in the registry.dat file located in DTPROD directory.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.